Situated on a small island in between Phuket and Krabi called Koh Yao Noi, the Six Senses Yao Noi offers the perfect combination of privacy and adventure. One of the top-rated 5-star resorts in Thailand, the breathtaking resort belongs to the Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas – a group of internationally acclaimed hotels and resorts located in the most unique and most beautiful places all around the world.
Offering a range of 56 villas that include 4 suites and 2 private residences, the Six Senses Yao Noi features crafted guest experiences that energize, stimulate, and revitalize the human spirit. Each villa is surrounded by lush vegetation and manicured landscapes, with breathtaking views of the Phang Nga Bay or the island’s vast plantation.
With an impressive environmental record, the resort spearheaded sustainability among Thailand’s high-end resorts. The property was carefully designed to harmonize with the environment, with each villa built to respect its surroundings, as well as the community around the resort.
Offering undeniably beautiful and relaxing villas, unbelievable views of the sea and awe-inspiring limestone pinnacles of the Phang Nga Bay, homegrown organic food, the Six Senses Yao Noi is the ultimate answer to a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life.
The resort features a total of 56 villas, ranging from one bedroom suites to 4-bedroom private villas that can accommodate an entire family or group. Plantation or ocean views are on offer, each with air-conditioned bedrooms, open-air living areas, satellite TV, a dedicated Butler, tea and coffee making facilities, WiFi, DVD player, IDD telephone, fridge, and Bose hi-fi system with an iPod docking station.
Here are the different villa offerings of the resort:
- Hideaway Pool Villa – offering plantation views, the villa features a private infinity pool, separate air conditioned bedroom, terrace, and sitting room.
- Ocean Pool Villa – offering views of the Phang Nga Bay, it features a separate bedroom, a private pool, a double spa sala on the pool deck, and a terrace area.
- Ocean Deluxe Private Pool Villa – a split-level villa, the entrance and sitting room are located on the top level while the bedroom and dining area are located on the lower level. Compared to the Ocean Pool Villa, this accommodation is more spacious.
- Ocean Panorama Pool Villa – this villa offers the very same space and amenities of the Ocean Deluxe except that it features 180-degree panoramic views of the Andaman Sea and Phang Nga Bay.
- Beachfront Pool Villa – offers views of the ocean, and personal stairs that lead to the private beach of the resort.
- Beachfront Pool Villa Suite – features views of the ocean, an air-conditioned sitting room, and a large garden from the pool leading to the beach.
- Hideaway 2-Bedroom Pool Villa – features a split-level type villa, with one bedroom on the top level and another bedroom on the lower level, and offers plantation views.
- Ocean 2-Bedroom Pool Villa – provides the very same features of the Hideaway except that it has ocean views instead of plantation views.
- Hideaway 4-Bedroom Pool Villa – the resort’s biggest villa, it features 4 rooms and 2 pools and offers views of the plantation.
- The View – offering ocean views, it consists of a large air-conditioned bedroom with double height ceilings and windows, and an open-air terrace. This is the only villa with no private pool, but guests are welcome to use the pool located at the Hilltop Reserve at the top most portion of the property.
- The Retreat – featuring 2 master bedrooms, it offers a large living room, a fully-operative kitchen, a private bar and wine cellar, and in-house butler.
The resort is well-known for its spa services, as well as its health and fitness programs. The resort’s spa is located on a lush tropical hillside, modeled after a typical Thai village home. The services range from facials to massages, to body treatments with traditional Thai healing properties.
A gym is also offered, as well as yoga lessons and sessions, and consultations and courses with an Ayurvedic expert, a yoga expert, and a visiting practitioner are also available. Spa packages and detox and cleansing programs are also offered.
Private spa services can also be held in the privacy of the villas.
The resort offers several restaurants and bars for guests to choose from. A well stocked international wine cellar is also available. Executive chef Anthony Reynolds is a world-renowned chef who’s worked at the UK’s first 3-star Michelin restaurant. The restaurants are also serviced by other internationally-acclaimed foreign and local chefs.
Here is a list of the resort’s bars and restaurants:
- The Main House – The Main House is the focal point of information and entertainment at the resort. Two sunken bars are offered, with intimate seating areas on two levels.
- The Den – Offers cocktails and beverages to guests on an open-air terrace.
- The Hilltop Reserve – Located atop the resort, it offers the most exclusive dining venue, serving light lunches and a Thai dinner menu.
- The Dining Room – This is the resort’s fine-dining restaurant offering organic European cuisine.
- The Living Room – Offers world cuisine, Thai, and tandoori and pizza ovens, as well as an open grill.
Set on the Andaman Sea, the resort offers a vast range of activities for guests to enjoy. Guests will never run out of leisure possibilities, ranging from watersports to family adventures, and private island tours around the Bay.
Watersport activities include diving and snorkeling, island hopping, kayak trips, and exploring Phi Phi island by speedboat. For adventure and discovery, get to choose from rock climbing, bike trails, Muay Thai lessons, and secluded island barbecues.
The resort also offers private yacht tours with catering, with the Andaman archipelago yours to explore.
When staying with kids, the resort can create fun and entertaining activities to enjoy. Babysitting services are also on offer, so you and your loved one can enjoy your private moments without having to worry about the kids. Children activities can range from arts and crafts lessons, sports activities, as well as group activities with other children at the resort.
The resort also offers a comprehensive wedding package with their very own coordinator so clients won’t have to worry about a single thing when choosing to have their wedding ceremony and party at the resort. Events and meetings are also welcomed.
As mentioned, the Six Senses Yao Noi takes special care in terms of its environmental and community impact. They offer enhanced guest experiences by showing respect to nature, encouraging visitors to take part in its sustainability endeavors.
They are dedicated to minimizing their ecological impact, making sure that operating systems, materials, and purchasing policies adhere to their eco-friendly philosophies.
Food and beverages served at the resort are sourced locally, the packaging is kept to a minimum at all times, and recycling programs are in place to conserve energy and minimize waste.
The Six Senses Yao Noi allows to live well by doing well – enjoying the luxuries of modern amenities set on a sacred piece of land that offers breathtaking views and lush surroundings, while also respecting the very community and ecology that made the property amazingly beautiful in the first place.