The Sanchaya Bintan is in a league of its own when it comes to the luxury resort experience. Located on the island of Bintan, Indonesia, the resort offers pristine white sands on its beachfront location, private villa accommodation overlooking the breathtaking ocean, and 5-star personalized service.
The resort is the brainchild of Singapore-based Russian entrepreneur Natalya Pavchinskaya, who merged all of her cultural influences from her world travels to create the very distinct and unique aesthetic of Sanchaya. Everywhere you look are artefacts, art pieces, decors, and architectural influences from the region, as well as from the founder’s love for colonial design details and that of European design of the 18th and 19th centuries.
The result is the perfect blend of Asian and European sensibilities that define the essence of The Sanchaya, a truly luxurious, beautiful, and enchanting escape.
The resort features 21 private villas and 9 suites that range from a full 2-storey house to bespoke suites located in the Great House, which is the centerpiece of the beautiful property.
- The crown jewel of the resort is definitely the Vanda Villa Presidential, with its 4 bedrooms, 2 storeys, and private infinity pool. The space is an enormous 240 square meter, complete with a 90 square meter veranda facing the vast ocean, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining room, living room, as well as walk-in closets in each of the rooms.
- For a group of family and/or friends who want their very own private space but within close proximity to their loved ones, the Leelawadee is a private compound composed of 3 Thai-style one-bedroom villas. Each unit has 55 square meters of space, with a 15 square meter balcony in each. The compound can accommodate a group of 6 people.
- Guests can also choose from One-Bedroom Villa or Two-Bedroom Villa Sea Views, with each villa featuring private verandas with views of the sea and a private backyard in each.
- The Lawan Village also offers a number of one-bedroom villas with views of a beautiful lagoon in the resort, each with a 15 square meter veranda, outdoor seating, and a private backyard.
- Suites at the Great House are located on the upper floor, each with their very own terrace either overlooking the ocean or the private courtyard.
The resort offers 4 places within the property for dining and drinks. The Dining Room is located at the Great House, offering international cuisine, while the Tasanee Grill located beside the infinity pool area offers Bangkok-style street food and beverages. The Bar is the place to be for cocktails while The Salon and Library is the perfect spot to have some wine and spend a lazy afternoon reading a book from their selection of literary offerings.
Spa and Facilities
The Sanchaya Spa offers both indoor and outdoor treatment rooms with a range of therapies on offer ranging from Balinese, Thai, Swedish, and the resort’s signature massage.
The resort also features a relaxing 50-meter infinity pool with a shallow wading area for sunbathers, while the white sands of the private beach offers the perfect spot to have a lush tropical lazy afternoon.
A gym is also available, which is open 24 hours a day and fully equipped with state of the art facilities. Personal trainers are also at hand to assist guests with any needs.
The Sanchaya is definitely the place to splurge if you want to enjoy a truly relaxing, indulgent, and private tropical vacation. No expense was spared in furnishing each of the suites and villas, and serenity and seclusion were taken into special consideration when choosing the spots and surroundings of the suites and villas.
For the ultimate privacy and luxury, The Sanchaya is absolutely the best place in Bintan or even off the coast of Singapore for the ultimate indulgent vacation. (www.thesanchaya.com)